Who is this page for?
The landing page is created for EU citizens and third-country nationals who are interested in seasonal work in Germany. On this page, they can find practical information about their rights and other important topics, such as working hours, contract conditions, accommodation and social security. The page aims to answer seasonal workers’ most frequently asked questions before they move to Germany.
Why is it important for seasonal workers to know their rights?
Seasonal workers in Germany are subject to German labour law, regardless of their country of origin. When people are aware of their rights, they are less likely to become victims of illegal employment.
What info can be found on this page?
The page is available in English and German, and covers a wide range of topics, such as:
- work permits;
- national insurance and health insurance;
- paid leave;
- signing and terminating employment contracts.
The page also includes leaflets with more detailed information about seasonal workers from third countries (in English, Georgian and German), and from the EU (in Bulgarian, English, German, Polish and Romanian).
Find EURES Advisers
Living and working conditions in EURES countries
EURES Jobs Database
EURES services for employers
EURES Events Calendar
Upcoming Online Events
EURES on Facebook
EURES on Twitter
EURES on LinkedIn
- Publication date
- 12 November 2021
- European Labour Authority | Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- External EURES newsLabour market news / mobility news
- Related section(s)
- Living and Working
- Accomodation and food service activitiesActivities of extraterritorial organisations and bodiesActivities of households as employers, undifferentiated goods- and servicesAdministrative and support service activitiesAgriculture, forestry and fishingArts, entertainment and recreationConstructionEducationElectricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supplyFinancial and insurance activitiesHuman health and social work activitiesInformation and communicationManufacturingMining and quarryingOther service activitiesProfessional, scientific and technical activitiesPublic administration and defence; compulsory social securityReal estate activitiesTransportation and storageWater supply, sewerage, waste management and remediation activitiesWholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles